FAQ About Uninstalling Programs
Generally all computer users uninstall and install various software programs regularly. Sometimes they decide to keep software as well as sometimes they decide to remove them. Follow some steps to uninstall programs on Windows based system.
- In the Start page type Programs and Features
- Select Settings on the right menu.
- Follow the instructions from point no-4 under Windows Vista and Windows 7
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Click on Start Menu.
- Click on Control Panel.
- If not already enabled; on the top left hand corner select Classic View (Windows Vista) or on the top right hand corner select View By: Large Icons (Windows 7).
- Double click on Programs and Features.
- Select the program that you would like to uninstall.
- Hit on Uninstall/Change.
- When prompted if you want to uninstall then select OK.
- Your program will now be uninstalled.
There are some frequently asked questions which users asked frequently when they are uninstalling any software programs.
How do I uninstall a program that isn’t listed under Programs and Features?
You can view only that programs which had been written for Windows in Programs and Features. If you don’t see the program listed and you want to uninstall the program, check the information that came with your program, or go to the manufacturer’s website. Access to certain Windows programs can be controlled by using Windows Features in Control Panel.
What does it mean to “change” a program?
Some programs in Programs and Features on Windows based system need to be installed or uninstalled, be changed or repaired. By clicking on change option, repair or change/ repair depending upon what button is displayed. As per instruction displayed, you can install or uninstall optional features of the programs.
What can I do if a program won’t uninstall?
- If the program doesn’t uninstall completely then try second time, you may get succeed in this.
- If that doesn’t work, then try uninstalling the program while Windows is running in safe mode.
- If you installed the program recently then you can try using System Restore to return your computer’s system files to an earlier date before you installed the program.