Know About Gadgets that are Selected as Finalists for the Crunchie for The Hardware of Year 2015
Some of the best and brightest entrepreneurs, startups and investor’s all will going to meet at San Francisco’s War Memorial Opera House on February 8 for the 9th Annual Crunchies which is nothing but providing the Oscars for startups and technology for their success in designing new products. The gadget with its biggest impact on the 2015 tech land scape will receive the Crunchie for Hardware of the Year award. Below are some of the companies that have been selected as finalists for the Hardware of the 2015 Year award this year and some previous winners of this coveted award.
Let us see some of the 2015 nominees:
- Apple Pencil: Apple Pencil was launched by Apple Company. This was mainly designed to fulfill the desires and to interact with Apples new product i.e. It is an incredibly accurate stylus which detects force, tilt and detects position. These allow the designers and artists to create complex art works and business folks and to markup documents for easier edits.
- Devialet Phantom Speaker: Devialet phantom speaker is one of the amazing technologies which holds o many attractive features like excellent treble, interesting separation and delivers rich bass. If you have enough money then it is better to adopt these speakers. The price of this speakers is around 2000$ as it offers incredible sounds at a premium.
- Parrot Bebop: Bebop is nothing but a drone launched by Parrot Company in March. It consists of features like 1080p video camera that has the capacity to capture motion at 30 FPS and even captures 14 megapixel stills with the fisheye lens. The cost of parrot Bebop is 500$. It is light weighted and it was designed by keeping in mind that its propellers will stop on collision.
- Samsung Gear VR: In the November Samsung launched the second generation Gear VR virtual reality headset just for $99. Its weight is just 0.62 pounds, and is compatible with a wide array of Samsung’s current and previous lineup of smartphones and tablets.
- Sphero BB-8: BB-8 is one of the awesome new droid from Star War. Sphero is a toy company that makes connected toys and robotic. With the Disney partnership Sphero launched the a connected and rolling mini BB-8 droid so that kids, both young and old can play with and control with their smartphone, voices, etc.
Some of the past winners:
- Apple iPhone/iPhone 3G – First and Second Annual Crunchies Winner
- Barnes and Noble Nook – Third Annual Crunchies Winner
- Apple iPad – Fourth Annual Crunchies Winner
- Nest – Fifth Annual Crunchies Winner
- Makerbot – Sixth Annual Crunchies Winner
- Oculus VR – Seventh and Eighth Annual Crunchies Winner.